How to Enroll
12 Easy Steps to Enrollment
Twelve may sound like a lot of steps, but trust me…it’s as simple as 1,2,3. We make the enrollment process as straight forward as possible. SLTC staff members are available through phone and email to assist you every step of the way. Because we want all candidates to succeed in the enrollment process, all packages are also reviewed to make sure all the necessary information and documentation is included. Download the SLTC Enrollment Package, follow the steps below, then return everything to the admissions department at SLTC. We will contact you once we have reviewed your package and will let you know if anything is missing.
- Read and sign “Enrollment Agreement”
- Have two or more individuals complete the “Personal Recommendation” form
- Sign the “Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement”
- Sign the “Transferability of Credit Form”
- Sign the “Medical Coverage Release Form”
- Visit your local physician and have them complete and sign the “Doctor Release Form”
- Enclose a copy of Medical Examination Report (DOT physical)
- Have your school provide an official copy of your high school transcripts or your GED certificate
- Enclose a photocopy of your current valid driver’s license
- Enclose payment of $850 for the prepaid lab fee and application fee make check payable SLTC
- Complete the “Student Housing List” and enclose your $200 security deposit
- Upon submitting the above items, please allow up to four weeks for notification of acceptance into the program. An SLTC representative will contact you by phone and will also mail a letter of acceptance.
SLTC requires that all students enrolled in the ELP possess medical coverage during the entire term for which they are enrolled. Proof of medical coverage will be required in the form of a valid certificate of medical coverage prior to the start of the term for which the student is applying
If you do not currently have medical coverage, contact a medical coverage provider and ask about short term medical coverage programs. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia has provided short term coverage to many ELP students. Just call 1-855-397-9267.